You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD to 4K from Movies Anywhere

I have redeemed a code for Movies Anywhere then linked my iTunes account now I can see the movie in HD. I want to purchase the 4K version of the movie but I can’t see the option can you please help me with this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 2:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 12:56 PM

Gun2Katana,

No problem, we're happy to provide some information as it relates to content from Movies Anywhere, from the link titled Connect your Apple ID to your Movies Anywhere account:

"About 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision versions

• If you buy an eligible movie from a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service* in 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos, you will be able to watch a matching quality version from the iTunes Store (as long as the same movie is available in 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos from the iTunes Store).
  • If you buy an eligible movie from a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service* in HD, you will be able to watch the HD version from the iTunes Store. (These movies will not be upgraded to 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos, even if the iTunes Store has the movie in those formats.)
  • If you buy an eligible movie from the iTunes Store in 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos, you will be able to watch a matching quality version from a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service* (as long the same movie is available in 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos from the reciprocal service).*
  • If you buy an eligible movie from the iTunes Store in HD that is later upgraded to 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos, you might not be able to watch the matching higher-quality version through a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service* (but you will still be able to watch the HD version).

*Visit MoviesAnywhere.com for more information on reciprocal services."

If this doesn't provide an answer, your best bet is to get in contact with Apple directly using this link: Contact Apple Support

Thank you.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2021 12:56 PM in response to Gun2Katana

Gun2Katana,

No problem, we're happy to provide some information as it relates to content from Movies Anywhere, from the link titled Connect your Apple ID to your Movies Anywhere account:

"About 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision versions

• If you buy an eligible movie from a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service* in 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos, you will be able to watch a matching quality version from the iTunes Store (as long as the same movie is available in 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos from the iTunes Store).
  • If you buy an eligible movie from a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service* in HD, you will be able to watch the HD version from the iTunes Store. (These movies will not be upgraded to 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos, even if the iTunes Store has the movie in those formats.)
  • If you buy an eligible movie from the iTunes Store in 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos, you will be able to watch a matching quality version from a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service* (as long the same movie is available in 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos from the reciprocal service).*
  • If you buy an eligible movie from the iTunes Store in HD that is later upgraded to 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos, you might not be able to watch the matching higher-quality version through a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service* (but you will still be able to watch the HD version).

*Visit MoviesAnywhere.com for more information on reciprocal services."

If this doesn't provide an answer, your best bet is to get in contact with Apple directly using this link: Contact Apple Support

Thank you.

Mar 29, 2021 5:27 AM in response to Gun2Katana

Hi Gun2Katana,

We understand you're not able to locate a 4K version of a movie. We would be happy to help. Please note from the following resource "Icons that appear on a movie's product page show the highest quality format that the Apple TV app offers." Also, "If you previously bought an HD movie from the Apple TV app, you might have access to the 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos enhancements on a compatible device. If your purchase doesn't have a high-quality version now, it might be added later.":

Find movies with 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos in the Apple TV app

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Mar 29, 2021 6:13 AM in response to ryane77

Hi ryane77,

Sorry if I confused you with the previous image attached, I captured it just as fast as I opened up the film page then it turns into the icon below which is HD only and I didn’t purchase it from iTunes. I’ve redeemed it using “Movies Anywhere” it came with a Blu-ray set I bought. But now I want to purchase the 4K version from iTunes and I dunno how. That’s what I was trying to do.

Thanks again for the reply

HD to 4K from Movies Anywhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.