You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil 2 not pairing with iPad Pro 2020

My Apple pencil 2 is not connecting with my iPad pro. I have tried everything mentioned in Apple support articles. When I attach the pencil to my iPad a pop shows up that says “tap to connect”. When I press that nothing happens. It is not pairing. The dialogue box says “Apple pencil”, it does not show the battery status, and it goes away after a few seconds. I have also tried manually connecting it but the device does not appear in my devices or other devices.

I have tried restarting too - nothing helps.

There are no apparent hardware damages. in fact I used Apple pencil one night and when I woke up the next day it was not connecting.

Another thing that I have noticed is that the pencil warms up whenever I try to detach and reattach it.

Can someone help with this?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 2:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 4:20 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) all the steps provided at section "If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad" in this support article:--> Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support , contact Apple Support using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple pencil 2 not pairing with iPad Pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.