You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving notifications on lock

Can anyone help please I’m not receiving any notifications when iPhone is locked.

Not set to do not disturb!

Notifications are on!

No ring tone either for calls when phone locked!

thanks

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 2:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 2:58 PM

I had the same problem.

I checked all the settings I read about to check as a possible source of the problem, and did not have:

Do Not Disturb enabled

The mute side button on

Notifications not set up properly

Silence Unknown Callers enabled

After a trip to the Genius Bar, it was fixed by going to Settings>Accessibility>Face ID & Attention and disabling Attention Aware Features. I don't know if I ever enabled that myself or it was enabled in a previous IOS update. I think this is a bug because that is not the expected behavior of this feature. This might not fix your problem but it's worth a try if you have checked other items in my bullet list already.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2021 2:58 PM in response to Mummyjo71

I had the same problem.

I checked all the settings I read about to check as a possible source of the problem, and did not have:

Do Not Disturb enabled

The mute side button on

Notifications not set up properly

Silence Unknown Callers enabled

After a trip to the Genius Bar, it was fixed by going to Settings>Accessibility>Face ID & Attention and disabling Attention Aware Features. I don't know if I ever enabled that myself or it was enabled in a previous IOS update. I think this is a bug because that is not the expected behavior of this feature. This might not fix your problem but it's worth a try if you have checked other items in my bullet list already.

Mar 29, 2021 6:01 AM in response to Mummyjo71

Hi Mummyjo71,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We know how important it is to get your notifications even when your device is locked. Do you get them if the device is unlocked? Are you seeing the actual pop up on the Lock Screen?Does this happen for a specific app? Let's make sure the iPhone is not on silent and that the system volume is all the way up. Check out How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

You can also confirm that you're running the latest version of iOS ( latest for iPhone XR is 14.4.2).

Be sure that any app updates are installed: How to manually update apps on your Apple device.

Hope that helps!

Not receiving notifications on lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.