You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my friend gave me his old iphone. He got a new one because he cant remember the password. Is there any way I can wipe the iphone when not knowing the passcode?

my friend gave me his old iphone. He got a new one because he cant remember the password. Is there any way I can wipe the iphone when not knowing the passcode?

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 7:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 8:08 PM

If you don’t know that passcode then you are going to have to factory rest you phone. To do this you will need to put the phone in restore mode by pressing the up volume then bottom then power until the connect to iTunes screen comes up. Next connect the phone to a computer that has iTunes. In iTunes you should see a window pop up saying restore or update and you want to hit restore. The restore will take a little bit of time, and when done everything will be erased off the phone, but the phone will still be locked to your Apple ID passcode unless you already had find my iPhone turned off. If you don’t have a computer with iTunes then you will need to take the phone into a apple store, you can make a appointment at https://getsupport.apple.com/

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2021 8:08 PM in response to mjcarlson25

If you don’t know that passcode then you are going to have to factory rest you phone. To do this you will need to put the phone in restore mode by pressing the up volume then bottom then power until the connect to iTunes screen comes up. Next connect the phone to a computer that has iTunes. In iTunes you should see a window pop up saying restore or update and you want to hit restore. The restore will take a little bit of time, and when done everything will be erased off the phone, but the phone will still be locked to your Apple ID passcode unless you already had find my iPhone turned off. If you don’t have a computer with iTunes then you will need to take the phone into a apple store, you can make a appointment at https://getsupport.apple.com/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.