You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off device location sharing in Find My... family sharing but keep Find My... for people?

Hi,

how can I turn off device locations in find my... and just have people locations if using a family subscription? I have old laptops etc that my extended family now use so by proxy I can see their location via Find my devices as my account is still registered.

if I turn off find my sharing and do the normal invite to the people I want to share with will this solve the devices issue?

thanks.

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 12:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 11:35 AM

Hello Jonesy3, Thanks for reaching out to us for support. We would love to help you. With regard to your initial question, to stop sharing your location, via Find My, please check out the steps in the link below.

Share your location in Find My on iPhone

Once you click the link, please scroll down to the section titled Stop sharing your location.

As for your second question, if you stop sharing your location via Find My, and only invite the people you want to share your location with through your family subscription, it will fix the issue you originally described in your post.

Also, another thing you can do is sign out of your account via the laptops that you gave your extended family members since doing this will resolve your issue as well. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2021 11:35 AM in response to Jonesy3

Hello Jonesy3, Thanks for reaching out to us for support. We would love to help you. With regard to your initial question, to stop sharing your location, via Find My, please check out the steps in the link below.

Share your location in Find My on iPhone

Once you click the link, please scroll down to the section titled Stop sharing your location.

As for your second question, if you stop sharing your location via Find My, and only invite the people you want to share your location with through your family subscription, it will fix the issue you originally described in your post.

Also, another thing you can do is sign out of your account via the laptops that you gave your extended family members since doing this will resolve your issue as well. Cheers!

Turn off device location sharing in Find My... family sharing but keep Find My... for people?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.