You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails deleted from my MacBook don't delete from my iPhone

If I delete an email from my iPhone, it is automatically deleted from my MacBook. Yay! But if I delete an email from my MacBook, it is still on my iPhone. How do I get emails I delete from my MacBook to automatically delete from my iPhone? And PLEASE tell me like I am a complete idiot. I've read some other queries along this line, and I can't understand any of the answers that bandy about terms such as "IMAP" or "synchronized folders". (BTW - this was not a problem until my iPhone automagically updated a week or so ago. Why Apple felt the need to mess up my email is perplexing.)

MacBook Pro 17″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 9:01 AM

This issue is due to the outdated software version you are running on your Mac. I would suspect the same issue would occur if you deleted messages from your Mac. If you are able to I would consider upgrading your operating system.

-How to get older versions of MacOS

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

2 replies

Emails deleted from my MacBook don't delete from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.