You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep elapsed time showing in Song Title Window? (reviving a thread)

Hello - I'm an engineer for a community radio station and running into a problem with Apple Music since updating Mac OS (it had been a while since last updating and now on Big Sur). Found a thread originally posted by "Mrs Spooky" in 2019 that is now closed, but unresolved. It is exactly my issue so pasting it below. Does any one know if this has a solution? Thank you!

I am an internet DJ and use a Mac application to stream the music from my iTunes (now Apple Music) library. We depend on viewing the countdown of how much time is left in the song when we have another DJ starting right after us so we can count them in so they can start immediately when we finish - so there's no gap.

This new app only shows elapsed and remaining time when the app is active and mouse is over that part of the application window. This is a terrible hardship for DJs who need to be able to see the remaining time while another application is active.

Is there a preference, setting, or hack that we can use to make that visible like it was before in the old iTunes app?

Many thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 11:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 3:09 PM

One not-very-good workaround is to use the Miniplayer window. Elapsed time is always shown with it. I don't like it because I want to see the whole window, like you, but it's better than nothing at this point. I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way to AppleScript the app to make those changes

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 28, 2021 3:09 PM in response to apedf

One not-very-good workaround is to use the Miniplayer window. Elapsed time is always shown with it. I don't like it because I want to see the whole window, like you, but it's better than nothing at this point. I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way to AppleScript the app to make those changes

How to keep elapsed time showing in Song Title Window? (reviving a thread)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.