You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari on Mac keeps asking to save passwords

I have iCloud Keychain disabled on my Mac (latest MacOS).

In Safari, I need to enable Autofill for "Usernames and passwords", as otherwise my password safe (StrongBox) does not offer it's passwords.

But having done so, Safari asks everytime wether I want to save the password.

1) I don't want to be asked every time!

2) I don't want Safari to save the website internally with the comments "don't save password"

That whole thing works flawlessly on iOS, iPadOS and Windows - but not for Safari on MacOS.

Is there any workaround?

If not, can you PLEASE add the option to NOT save anything about passwords or sites in Safari, while still referring to the Auto-full programm I configured?

It is unbelievable that this basic security feature does still not work!

Thanks

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 9:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 11:00 AM

Please contact Apple Support.

"Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online and we'll connect you to an expert."

Get started 

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 30, 2021 10:53 AM in response to TJATJA

I tried every suggestion from the Internet:

I need to enabled Auto-Fill within Safari for Username and Password, otherwise, StrongBox does not get connected, even if I enabled it in the Settings as the sole Auto-Fill source.

I then disabled access for Safari in KeyChain Access, but that did not change nothing!

Why?

I then even deleted the Safari Auto-Fill entry in KeyChain Access - to no avail!

You cannot force users to click "Not Now" for 1000's of times per day, every day, 365 days per year!

How can we disable this KeyChain pop-up?

Safari on Mac keeps asking to save passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.