You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Library Albums

Hi,

I'm a new user of Apple Music. I notice that Apple Music automatically adds music or albums of certain artists to my Library. I only wish to listen to Music stored in my own library, either in the Cloud or from my PC's hard drive. I did remove the check mark in options from updating info automatically (which is another frustrating subject as I like the original LP covers of an Album, and Apple Music forces it's own cover). But unchecking that option doesn't seem to help with adding music automatically. I just want more control over my music library. Thanks,

Mike

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 12:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 6:40 AM

It seems like you're problem is the iCloud music library.

Apple automatically uploads music to the cloud at the store-bought quality and replaces the album art.

I've had some trouble with this feature myself because sometimes there are identical versions of the same song on iTunes.

Since I use my iCloud library, I just decided to delete my ripped CD files in place of the store-bought versions.

You can turn off the iCloud music library by navigating to Edit / Preferences / General and right below the library name box should be the iCloud music library option.

Hope this helped. :-)

-Casey Black

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2021 6:40 AM in response to blueleo65

It seems like you're problem is the iCloud music library.

Apple automatically uploads music to the cloud at the store-bought quality and replaces the album art.

I've had some trouble with this feature myself because sometimes there are identical versions of the same song on iTunes.

Since I use my iCloud library, I just decided to delete my ripped CD files in place of the store-bought versions.

You can turn off the iCloud music library by navigating to Edit / Preferences / General and right below the library name box should be the iCloud music library option.

Hope this helped. :-)

-Casey Black

Library Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.