You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airdrop:

I can send with iPhone 12 max pro to Mac book pro 13 (with m1 chip) (both have the last updates) but I can not airdrop from labtop to iPhone. but I see my picture icon on the iPhone and the laptop.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 1:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 1:25 PM

Hi stephan,

Sorry to hear about this issue when trying to Airdrop from your MacBook to your iPhone 12 Pro Max. Have you checked this article on how to Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support?

There's also this article (Use AirDrop on your Mac to send files to devices near you - Apple Support) which mentions:

AirDrop uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to transfer items between devices. Most likely, you’ve already got Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled on your Mac. If you don’t, you’re asked to turn them on when you try to send an item.

If the above does not do the trick, can you please elaborate on the issue you are having? Is there any error message?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2021 1:25 PM in response to stephan ach

Hi stephan,

Sorry to hear about this issue when trying to Airdrop from your MacBook to your iPhone 12 Pro Max. Have you checked this article on how to Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support?

There's also this article (Use AirDrop on your Mac to send files to devices near you - Apple Support) which mentions:

AirDrop uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to transfer items between devices. Most likely, you’ve already got Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled on your Mac. If you don’t, you’re asked to turn them on when you try to send an item.

If the above does not do the trick, can you please elaborate on the issue you are having? Is there any error message?

airdrop:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.