You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage after Genuine apple repair

Hello ,

my iphone se2020 is in warranty period and i recently submitted my phone for a faulty camera issue. After getting it repaired, when it exposed to a small amount of water content it started showing the damage, like the display patches haptic motor problems, camera moisture etc. is there any way that i can get it repaired because of the fact that they failed to provide the ip67 protection when they repaired it ?

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 3:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 4:44 AM

Hello,

Hmm, start by reviewing these links:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later 

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty 

Good luck.

4 replies

Mar 31, 2021 6:59 PM in response to Jerrykjacob

You would have to prove that as it’s your contention that is why it got water damaged this particular time.

Apple or an Apple authorized service provider wouldn’t fix a camera issue. They’d replace the entire device and the replacement would have the full IP rating of the original (which is never a guarantee water damage won’t occur).

Water damage after Genuine apple repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.