You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi network

Dear all,

I have a little but annoying problem with my Mac Pro 6,1 with Big Sur. When it startup automatically it connect to a poor signal wifi network and I have every time manually move to right network.

I have tried several times to put the right network at the top of advanced wifi preferences but in a few days the Mac forgot it.

Any suggestion?

Mac Pro

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 1:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 2:26 AM

The computer will connect to the Strongest Wifi Signal available either 2.4 gHz or 5 gHz if both are using the SSID and Password.

Possible solution is to Change one ( 2.4gHz ) name to something else and change the Wifi Password. Then on computer choose to use the Desired Wifi and drag to Top

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2021 2:26 AM in response to Zonacontrollata

The computer will connect to the Strongest Wifi Signal available either 2.4 gHz or 5 gHz if both are using the SSID and Password.

Possible solution is to Change one ( 2.4gHz ) name to something else and change the Wifi Password. Then on computer choose to use the Desired Wifi and drag to Top

wifi network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.