You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did not buy anything they popped up and said it was free and then it was charging me $80 so I deleted the app his heartbeat app

Did not purchase his heartbeat app it said download for free and then he tries to charge you $80 so I deleted the app I’m not paying for this app I think it’s a scam

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 7:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 8:00 PM

Unlikely to be a scam.

It probably had a free trial that turned into a paid subscription, or just had a subscription out right when you download it. This is normal, and is up to you to understand what the App will do when downloaded. Subscriptions must be disclosed in the App description and app details. If you failed to see that, it does not make it a scam.

Make sure the subscription is correctly cancelled by following the step here: link-> How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

And then contact Apple Support to request a refund: link-> contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2021 8:00 PM in response to Dylanmckay

Unlikely to be a scam.

It probably had a free trial that turned into a paid subscription, or just had a subscription out right when you download it. This is normal, and is up to you to understand what the App will do when downloaded. Subscriptions must be disclosed in the App description and app details. If you failed to see that, it does not make it a scam.

Make sure the subscription is correctly cancelled by following the step here: link-> How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

And then contact Apple Support to request a refund: link-> contact Apple Support.

Did not buy anything they popped up and said it was free and then it was charging me $80 so I deleted the app his heartbeat app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.