You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do when it says Translation unavailable

Hello, not sure what happened, but I can’t use the Translate app. It always say Translation unavailable. Is this something normal or should I do something to fix this? Thanks!

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 12:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 2:17 AM

It might be a temporary glitch.

Let's try these two basic torubleshooting steps:

A forced restart of your iPhone, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

or, if you get no help, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2021 2:17 AM in response to glaiza24

It might be a temporary glitch.

Let's try these two basic torubleshooting steps:

A forced restart of your iPhone, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

or, if you get no help, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Apr 2, 2021 2:03 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi, thanks for the advice...

also, prior to this issue, i am always connected to our wifi and had already downloaded some languages for offline translation... and i have already tried translating some words/ sentences successfully before but all of a sudden, i think after a day or so, the app won’t work anymore and it always say Translation Unavailable... so I am not sure where the problem is since I am always connected to the wifi and so on...

thanks again...

Apr 2, 2021 2:59 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hahaha... just want to share this funny experience... all the while i was asking for assistance, then you helping me come up with a solution... all of a sudden this idea comes up - uninstalling/ reinstalling the app... and you know what? It actually worked! So funny and i feel so “smart” (opposite 😂)

anyways, i am just so happy that i just want to share this with you since you really tried your best to help me...

thanks again! 😆😆😆

What to do when it says Translation unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.