You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Had to export 3GB Final Cut Pro Project with Apple ProRes422, how to get it onto iPhone?

Ive finished a project and need to uploaded it. I've already had issues before because the content was HDR but anyway, now I need to export it to share it through Instagram but the file is too big to Airdrop or get into my Photos on my iPhone. I get the error saying that it didn't work and it asks if I want to move the video to my iCloud. I don't know if I can put it on Instagram that way. Exporting with H.264 affects the colours in the video. Does anyone know how I can get the video onto my phone, with no visual issues so that I can upload it onto Instagram or Youtube?

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 10:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 10:29 AM

First, if you’re editing DolbyVision material the library has to be set to wide gamut in library properties. Additionally the project has to be in Rec 2020 HLG. When you export for your iPhone you export to Apple Devices 4K and use the 10-bit HEVC setting. This is a complex encode and takes time even on the best machines.

I don’t know what Instagram requirements you need to meet. I don’t know if it accepts HEVC DolbyVision. You can’t put ProRes on a phone for playback there.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2021 10:29 AM in response to karishinds

First, if you’re editing DolbyVision material the library has to be set to wide gamut in library properties. Additionally the project has to be in Rec 2020 HLG. When you export for your iPhone you export to Apple Devices 4K and use the 10-bit HEVC setting. This is a complex encode and takes time even on the best machines.

I don’t know what Instagram requirements you need to meet. I don’t know if it accepts HEVC DolbyVision. You can’t put ProRes on a phone for playback there.

Had to export 3GB Final Cut Pro Project with Apple ProRes422, how to get it onto iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.