You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add song to library causes playlist shuffle playing to stop

Hey!

I have noticed that while shuffle playing a playlist on Apple Music, whenever I want to add a new song to my library, then the playing simply stops playing songs from the playlist.

Is that the expected behavior? I found it quite annoying that when I listen to new music found on public playlists, and I want to add one or more songs to my library, to continue playing I must go back to the playlist and start a new shuffle play - sometimes with the consequence that some songs are replayed.

Do you have any suggestions or does Apple have anything planned in the roadmap to fix this?

Thank you!

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 3:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 3:52 AM

Expected? No. But it does appear to be the current behaviour. I don't think it is designed, but adding content to the library appears to disrupt the up next queue. Use Feedback - iTunes - Apple to let Apple know you'd like it to work differently.

tt2

1 reply

Add song to library causes playlist shuffle playing to stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.