You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an almost new iPad that I would like to transfer my contents from a much older iPad. Do I need to clear the newer iPad of its contents before transferring new info?

What do I need to do to the newer iPad to clear its contents and get it prepared to download information that is stored on my iCloud from my old iPad?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 12:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 12:59 PM

You can reset the Pad to factory settings via Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Content and Settings.

This will wipe all the data and make it just like new. From here you can follow the first-time setup process, link the iPad to your iCloud account and should be good to go.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 3, 2021 12:59 PM in response to Handianne

You can reset the Pad to factory settings via Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Content and Settings.

This will wipe all the data and make it just like new. From here you can follow the first-time setup process, link the iPad to your iCloud account and should be good to go.

I have an almost new iPad that I would like to transfer my contents from a much older iPad. Do I need to clear the newer iPad of its contents before transferring new info?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.