You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Family Sharing

Hi,

I’ve turned on my family sharing and I’m trying to share my Apple TV. When I select ‘Apple Subscriptions’ and then ‘Apple TV’, I get redirected into the Apple TV app and then nothing happens.

if I go into the settings on the Apple App, I keep getting this message:

I’ve no idea how to turn it on. Could someone help?

Thanks,

Elisha

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 2:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 3:24 PM

After invitation, the other members have to confirm that they accept the invitation. Nothing is activated when they haven’t reacted to the invitation yet. “Invited today” is still pending.

The group member with the subscription needs to have that subscription active. If you were offered Apple TV+ as part of a recent purchase, then you have to redeem that offer and sign up.

Then each of the group members sign in on their own device with their own Apple ID account, in order to access Apple TV+. On mobile, and on the Apple TV box, the sign-in is taken from the device itself. On Macs, users have to sign in to the TV app separately (menu Account). On third party devices, users have to sign in to the in-app Settings.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 3, 2021 3:24 PM in response to elisha126

After invitation, the other members have to confirm that they accept the invitation. Nothing is activated when they haven’t reacted to the invitation yet. “Invited today” is still pending.

The group member with the subscription needs to have that subscription active. If you were offered Apple TV+ as part of a recent purchase, then you have to redeem that offer and sign up.

Then each of the group members sign in on their own device with their own Apple ID account, in order to access Apple TV+. On mobile, and on the Apple TV box, the sign-in is taken from the device itself. On Macs, users have to sign in to the TV app separately (menu Account). On third party devices, users have to sign in to the in-app Settings.

Apr 3, 2021 2:39 PM in response to elisha126

Apple TV+ is a shareable subscription. When any of the group members has an Apple TV+ subscription, then it is automatically available to all the group members. You don’t have to set any sharing property for the subscription specifically. Just set up the group and you’re done.

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Apple TV Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.