You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stream music & Talk

Is it possible to stream music from a music app (such as Spotify Amazon or iTunes) onto a Bluetooth speaker and have it still play on the speaker while you take a phone call? If not possible You should work on this. My iPhone is my primary music source and I get annoyed that I have to stop music while talking on the phone especially since I’m using a Bluetooth speaker

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 8:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 4:09 PM

Hi Acoreanna,

It seems you have a question on playing back music from your iPhone and we want to help.

It's not possible to play music when one of those speakers is playing the audio from your iPhone.

However, with smart speakers like HomePod mini the HomePod itself can play the music:

HomePod mini - Apple

You could consider a different speaker that can handle the processing of music streaming on the device itself and get the results you desire.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2021 4:09 PM in response to Acoreanna

Hi Acoreanna,

It seems you have a question on playing back music from your iPhone and we want to help.

It's not possible to play music when one of those speakers is playing the audio from your iPhone.

However, with smart speakers like HomePod mini the HomePod itself can play the music:

HomePod mini - Apple

You could consider a different speaker that can handle the processing of music streaming on the device itself and get the results you desire.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Stream music & Talk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.