You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up virus

I accidently clicked on a pop up on a website on safari.

how do I know if i got hacked or got a virus on my iphone from the pop up that i clicked ?

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 7:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 7:53 PM

Azz23 Said:

"Pop up virus: I accidently clicked on a pop up on a website on safari. how do I know if i got hacked or got a virus on my iphone from the pop up that i clicked ?"

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

B. Modify your Credentials:

If you suspect activity issues, and interacted with it an any form, then modify the you credentials:

C. Report this to Apple:

Have a Screenshot fo this? Forward a screenshot of this as an attachment to Apple using this eMail address: reportphishing@apple.com. In the comments pane, inform Apple of what the attachment is all about: an eMail contacting an attachment of a phishing scam.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2021 7:53 PM in response to Azz23

Azz23 Said:

"Pop up virus: I accidently clicked on a pop up on a website on safari. how do I know if i got hacked or got a virus on my iphone from the pop up that i clicked ?"

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

B. Modify your Credentials:

If you suspect activity issues, and interacted with it an any form, then modify the you credentials:

C. Report this to Apple:

Have a Screenshot fo this? Forward a screenshot of this as an attachment to Apple using this eMail address: reportphishing@apple.com. In the comments pane, inform Apple of what the attachment is all about: an eMail contacting an attachment of a phishing scam.

Pop up virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.