You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to update

I am trying to update to ios 14 but my phone is saying it is up to date at ios 13.6. what should i do?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 7:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 7:54 PM

Ab_So Said:

"unable to update: I am trying to update to ios 14 but my phone is saying it is up to date at ios 13.6. what should i do?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13"

-------

Try Updating your iPhone:

Use a computer to update it.

Create a Different User:

Try creating and then another user (for temporary use) to perform the update, and see if it then connects.

To Update your iPhone:

Use a the iPhone itself or a computer (a Mac or a PC even) to Update it. There are two important steps: Backup first then Update.

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer. That way you can have something to restore you iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the update installation.

2. Then, Update Using Links:

Disable Cellular when updating on the iPhone (to avoid disconnection from Apple's Server)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2021 7:54 PM in response to Ab_So

Ab_So Said:

"unable to update: I am trying to update to ios 14 but my phone is saying it is up to date at ios 13.6. what should i do?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13"

-------

Try Updating your iPhone:

Use a computer to update it.

Create a Different User:

Try creating and then another user (for temporary use) to perform the update, and see if it then connects.

To Update your iPhone:

Use a the iPhone itself or a computer (a Mac or a PC even) to Update it. There are two important steps: Backup first then Update.

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer. That way you can have something to restore you iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the update installation.

2. Then, Update Using Links:

Disable Cellular when updating on the iPhone (to avoid disconnection from Apple's Server)

unable to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.