You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

virus

hey so i was browsing on safari and all of a sudden i was told i have 26 viruses and i need to remove them with some vpn, can you guys help me

iPhone 6s

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 12:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 12:27 PM

Thank you for reaching out to the Apple communities.

• An iPhone cannot get viruses or malware unless you have jailbroken it (if you don't know that jailbreaking means, then you probably haven't done it).
  • Any alert that says you have a virus or have been hacked is a scam. In this case, someone (a sketchy company) wants you to download their VPN.
  • Never trust an email, text, popup, website, or phone call that says you have a virus (even if it looks like it's from apple). Never download anything these messages tell you to download, and never give them any information about yourself or your computer.
6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2021 12:27 PM in response to tea_tea

Thank you for reaching out to the Apple communities.

• An iPhone cannot get viruses or malware unless you have jailbroken it (if you don't know that jailbreaking means, then you probably haven't done it).
  • Any alert that says you have a virus or have been hacked is a scam. In this case, someone (a sketchy company) wants you to download their VPN.
  • Never trust an email, text, popup, website, or phone call that says you have a virus (even if it looks like it's from apple). Never download anything these messages tell you to download, and never give them any information about yourself or your computer.

virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.