You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I cancel Icloud

How do I cancel my iCloud account

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 11:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 8:45 AM

Howdy,

If you are asking to cancel your iCloud storage plan, please see

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud storage plan

That may save you money if you no longer need the amount of storage you are currently paying for.

If you are asking about your iCloud account itself, that is the same as your Apple ID and you may not want to cancel it.

That is detailed in How to delete your Apple ID account

which includes…

About deleting your Apple ID

When your Apple ID account is deleted, your account details and the data associated with your Apple ID are permanently deleted from Apple’s servers. You can't sign in to your account, and you won’t be able to access any data, content, or services that were associated with your Apple ID.

Photos, videos, documents, and other content that you stored in iCloud are permanently deleted; you can't receive any messages or calls sent to your account via iMessage, FaceTime, or iCloud Mail; and you can't sign in to or use services such as iCloud, the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iMessage, FaceTime, and Find My iPhone. In addition, any Apple Store appointments and AppleCare support cases are canceled.

Deleting your Apple ID is permanent. After your account is deleted, Apple can't reopen or reactivate your account or restore your data. If you aren’t planning to use your account for now but may consider returning to it in the future, we recommend temporarily deactivating your account (where available) instead of deleting it.

Please read that article thoroughly if that is your thoughts.

ivan

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 9, 2021 8:45 AM in response to Cougartown

Howdy,

If you are asking to cancel your iCloud storage plan, please see

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud storage plan

That may save you money if you no longer need the amount of storage you are currently paying for.

If you are asking about your iCloud account itself, that is the same as your Apple ID and you may not want to cancel it.

That is detailed in How to delete your Apple ID account

which includes…

About deleting your Apple ID

When your Apple ID account is deleted, your account details and the data associated with your Apple ID are permanently deleted from Apple’s servers. You can't sign in to your account, and you won’t be able to access any data, content, or services that were associated with your Apple ID.

Photos, videos, documents, and other content that you stored in iCloud are permanently deleted; you can't receive any messages or calls sent to your account via iMessage, FaceTime, or iCloud Mail; and you can't sign in to or use services such as iCloud, the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iMessage, FaceTime, and Find My iPhone. In addition, any Apple Store appointments and AppleCare support cases are canceled.

Deleting your Apple ID is permanent. After your account is deleted, Apple can't reopen or reactivate your account or restore your data. If you aren’t planning to use your account for now but may consider returning to it in the future, we recommend temporarily deactivating your account (where available) instead of deleting it.

Please read that article thoroughly if that is your thoughts.

ivan

Apr 9, 2021 8:45 AM in response to Cougartown

Can you please be more specific what it is you wish to cancel? The only way to cancel an iCloud account is to request deletion of your entire Apple ID which means you lose everything you ever did with your Apple ID! If you mean a subscription or a purchase then please tell us that.

To find out 'How to delete your Apple ID account', click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT208504

How do I cancel Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.