You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export Mac Mail to Thunderbird while preserving folder structure

I am trying to export my mailboxes from Mac Mail to be able to import into another computer that uses Thunderbird. I can export/import one folder at a time with its email contents, but I cannot figure out how to export the mailboxes with all its nested folders and emails inside. I have been using Mac Mail for about 10-15 years for my business, so I have a LOT of nested folders. Manually importing each folder with its contents is out of the question. I've tried importing the mbox folder that is auto-generated from Mac Mail in the user/libraries folder, but that imports a bunch of weirdly nested numerical folders.

Any insight would be fantastic!! I've been Googling my brains out for the past week with no solution.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 9:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 9:20 AM

I have found that Thunderbird has an excellent help site staffed by some very competent volunteers, just like this site has. I would go there and look around. I bet you will find your answer there.

1 reply

How to export Mac Mail to Thunderbird while preserving folder structure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.