You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I trade in my old iPad after I have purchased a new one, not during the transaction for the new one?

Just purchased a new iPad. Can I trade my old one in now?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 11:06 AM

You can trade-in qualifying devices whenever you wish, but if this is after you have purchased a new device, the trade-in value cannot be retrospectively applied to a prior purchase. In this situation, you will be offered an Apple Gift Card - the value of which can be used against purchase of future items.

Apple Trade In - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2021 11:06 AM in response to Kiibbi

You can trade-in qualifying devices whenever you wish, but if this is after you have purchased a new device, the trade-in value cannot be retrospectively applied to a prior purchase. In this situation, you will be offered an Apple Gift Card - the value of which can be used against purchase of future items.

Apple Trade In - Apple

Can I trade in my old iPad after I have purchased a new one, not during the transaction for the new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.