You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.11.0.26, Windows 10, iPhone 12 - Your iPhone has not been backed up to this PC

I have backed up my iPhone 12 (iOS 14.2.2) with an older PC, successfully various times until recently, when I started getting a "Your iPhone has not been backed up to this PC" message even with no error messages and completing the backup.

I just set up a new PC and tried backing up my iPhone 12 with the latest iOS 14.2.2 and the newest iTunes version !2.11.0.26)

When I backup my device, it saves the backup exactly as it is supposed to, in exactly the folder that it is supposed to and I can see the file, but iTunes can't seem to find it there, and after every "successful" backup, I get the same "Your iPhone has never been backed up to this computer" message.

I have read several threads here but I have not been able to find a suitable solution.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 10:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 11:31 AM

Do you have any third party anti-virus software? If so you could try temporarily disabling it next time you try to backup to see if that helps.

You can try right-clicking on the iTunes shortcut and using Run as Administrator to see if that lets iTunes properly update things after completing the backup.

I would suggest you also backup to iCloud so you have options should you find yourself unable to restore from your computer.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2021 11:31 AM in response to hazel_a_e

Do you have any third party anti-virus software? If so you could try temporarily disabling it next time you try to backup to see if that helps.

You can try right-clicking on the iTunes shortcut and using Run as Administrator to see if that lets iTunes properly update things after completing the backup.

I would suggest you also backup to iCloud so you have options should you find yourself unable to restore from your computer.

tt2

iTunes 12.11.0.26, Windows 10, iPhone 12 - Your iPhone has not been backed up to this PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.