You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple repair policy - turnaround time?

Does anyone know what the actual Apple policy for repair turnaround time is? The item was mailed to and received by Apple on 4/2 and has not been touched since then. Every time we call for an update, we get the run-around. First we were told 3-5 bus. days, then 5-7 bus. days, now 7-10 bus.days - just to "process" the claim before any repair work even begins. Is there any actual posted policy anywhere that I can reference to see what realistic expectations for this repair would be?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 11:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 12:08 PM

They probably can't guarantee a turnaround time unless it is something they will not entertain the idea of repairing but just replace and they can make sure they have enough in stock to guarantee it:

E.g.,

AirPods Service and Repair

Learn more about AirPods service options, warranty, and pricing. https://support.apple.com/airpods/repair/service

How long will it take?

You should receive your replacement AirPods or Charging Case within a week.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2021 12:08 PM in response to shelk21

They probably can't guarantee a turnaround time unless it is something they will not entertain the idea of repairing but just replace and they can make sure they have enough in stock to guarantee it:

E.g.,

AirPods Service and Repair

Learn more about AirPods service options, warranty, and pricing. https://support.apple.com/airpods/repair/service

How long will it take?

You should receive your replacement AirPods or Charging Case within a week.

Apr 12, 2021 2:14 PM in response to shelk21

Is this about the iPad in your equipment line? if so...

In support of Limnos' response, yes. Normal policy is to replace—not repair—with a freshly refurbished identical model. New battery and new outer casings; Official Apple info about "what is a refurb" is here.

If they have no ready-to-ship models on hand that match your specs, they have to wait for one to arrive from their centralized refurbishment facility.

I sent in an iPad 5 128GB with a bad battery in January. They said 10-14 days, but I dropped it at a UPS store on a Friday morning and Fedex delivered the replacement to my house at noon the following Wednesday. Two of those six days were over a weekend, so they must have had the matching replacement available by the time mine old one arrived. The confirming emails said mine arrived Monday and the replacement shipped out the same day.

Am I satisfied with the refurb I received? Oh heck yes. Not a scratch on it, and the battery runtime is, I swear, better than when it was new in 2017.

We are not Apple. We are your fellow end users. Anything posted here is based on our experiences and totally unofficial, other than links to published Apple policy. We are not the ones to be asking if your need "official."

Apr 13, 2021 6:14 AM in response to Allan Jones

Thanks Allan. I realize this forum isn't "official", just looking for some guidance since Apple doesn't seem to publish anything official regarding their repair policy. I'd be thrilled with a refurb. I'd be thrilled with getting an actual update on the broken one. I'd be thrilled with any useful communication whatsoever from Apple! Unfortunately, we are 16 days into the process and they haven't been able to do any of those things yet so just feeling super frustrated over here! Appreciate you sharing your experience - hoping to have a similar one sometime soon.

Apple repair policy - turnaround time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.