You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I move my itunes library folder to an external drive, will the "automatically add to itunes" folder add music to the hard-drive? - PC

I want to move my itunes library to an external hard-drive but I am worried that the "automatically add to itunes" folder won't work in terms of adding music to the folder on the external hard-drive containing the library. Can someone tell me if it works or if you can walk me through the process? Also is there anything I need to be aware of?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 7:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 5:58 PM

See Make a split library portable - Apple Community. The Automatically Add to iTunes folder will operate from the active media folder.

tt2

1 reply

If I move my itunes library folder to an external drive, will the "automatically add to itunes" folder add music to the hard-drive? - PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.