You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bounce-in-place of a region processed via sidechain in Logic

Hello,

I didn't find a way to bounce-in-place a region processed (for example by a compressor) via sidechain by another track.

If I try to do it, the sidechain is not taken into account.

Maybe the best thing to do is to show you an example:

In a project I have 2 audio tracks:

One contains a kick on the beat,

The other one is white noise.

The white noise is processed by a compressor driven via sidechain by the kick.

The ratio and threshold are "aggressive" and therefore have a very audible effect on the white noise, but if I do a bounce-in-place, here is the result:

Nothing happened, the signal was not processed!

----------------------------------------------

So I used another strategy:

The kick has no output and I do a general bounce. Here it works:

... but it's tricky: if I have other tracks, I have to mute them and I have to go and find the processed file that will logically replace the initial white noise.

Doing this operation once is playable; doing it repeatedly or with more complex situations (using several source tracks for example...) becomes tedious.

Does anyone have a "real" solution to the bounce-in-place problem with the use of the sidechain?

Thanks

P. S.: it doesn't work with "Selection processing" either

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 1:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 3:00 AM

That is why it is the Stereo out. You can split the stereo out into two mono outs and bounce from either of those:

Here you can make feature requests:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 16, 2021 2:44 AM in response to Eriksimon

Thanks Eriksimon,

Yes, of course, this is the solution I imply (and use in practice on a daily basis) in my third image but, as I said, I find it "convoluted", complicated, unnatural and time consuming.

Another problem appears: if my tracks and files are mono, even if I use a plugin in the Stereo Out that delivers a mono signal, the resulting file will contain 2 channels. Of course, it is possible to reduce it to one channel with a third party software, but it is still a lot of extra time spent.

I find it surprising that this can't be done easily; is there any way to make a request to the Logic developers?

Thanks again for your help

Bounce-in-place of a region processed via sidechain in Logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.