You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Apple ID: Email not vetted

I can’t change my Apple ID as it says the new email is not ‘vetted’. I have it as my primary email address already so it has been verified. I don’t understand why I can’t change it. Any ideas?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 12:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 1:54 PM

Hi Singers,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We want to make sure we're on the same page, is the email address you are attempting to change your Apple ID to already used as alias or rescue email? If so, this would be expected behavior, you wouldn't be able to use that email address since it is already associated with your account. Check out: Change your Apple ID.

About your Apple ID email addresses

Hope that helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2021 1:54 PM in response to Singers

Hi Singers,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We want to make sure we're on the same page, is the email address you are attempting to change your Apple ID to already used as alias or rescue email? If so, this would be expected behavior, you wouldn't be able to use that email address since it is already associated with your account. Check out: Change your Apple ID.

About your Apple ID email addresses

Hope that helps!

Changing Apple ID: Email not vetted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.