You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Calendar app titles only save on second entry on macOS Big Sur

Whenever I create a new event in my iCloud calendar in the macOS Calendar app on my iMac running Big Sur, the event title diappears after about five seconds and is saved as "New Event" instead. The second time around, the event title is saved. I have tried unsynching calendar from iCloud on my iMac and removing the account from the Calendar app but the problem continues. Any suggestions on how to fix this really very annoying issue are very much appreciated, thanks!

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 3:29 AM

4 replies

Apr 19, 2021 6:40 AM in response to Maki1up

Hello Maki1up,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with the event title in iCloud Calendar. We're happy to help.

When typing in the name for the new event are you seeing suggestions based on existing events at all? We ask as it's recommended "To reuse event details for an event at a new time, enter a different time before entering the event name."

You can find this information and other helpful details here: Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac

Also, do you notice the issue continues the other way around? For example, if you start the event on the iCloud website or a different device?

Best

Apr 20, 2021 5:34 AM in response to Maki1up

Hi Maki1up,

Thanks for the information. For clarification, entering in a different time for event details is recommended if it's the same event and the step to take prior to entering a new event name.

First, be sure your macOS is fully updated. How to update the software on your Mac

We'd also recommend testing the issue in a new user account. If needed, the guide here can help you set that up to test: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If the issue continues, be sure to also test in safe mode: Start up your Mac in safe mode

If when in safe mode and a new user account the issue remains, reach out to Apple Support directly. You can get connected using the link here: Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Apr 20, 2021 1:07 AM in response to OrigamiFan1

Thanks for your response!

Yes, I do see suggestions but I do not always rely on these. I also don't quite understand how that might be recommended since then the slot seems to jump around in the calender based on the original time.

The issue does not seem to exist when creating an event over the iPhone, for example.

Any fix would be greatly appreciated since I rely on iCal and having to remember what event was supposed to happen in a certain timeslot defeats the purpose. Also, using another device is not rely an alternative when sitting at my work station.

May 18, 2021 6:31 AM in response to OrigamiFan1

Hello Apple Support,

The same applies to me (currently on 11.3.1, but it was also the case on Catalina). I have to enter every calendar event title twice, which is really annoying. I I forget to enter the title a second time, it just adds a generic title "Neues Ereignis" and a few days later, I have no clue what kind of event we're talking about.

Do you plan to fix this?

Best!

macOS Calendar app titles only save on second entry on macOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.