You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought a 50 GB for iCloud storage but it still says that I don’t have enough storage

I just bought a 50 GB for iCloud storage but it still says that I don’t have enough storage

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 5:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 5:43 PM

That’s because iCloud storage has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of storage on your iOS device. The amount of storage on your iOS device is fixed when you buy the device and cannot be increased, period. You will still have to delete or move files from your iOS device to free up space. One way you can do that is to move all of your photos, music, and movies to iCloud so they are no longer on your phone or tablet. But be aware if you don’t have a WiFi or Cellular connection you can’t access your files on iCloud. Also be aware that when you play music, look at photos, or watch a movie you will be using your cellular data plan or your internet connection data plan.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2021 5:43 PM in response to Emmakuni

That’s because iCloud storage has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of storage on your iOS device. The amount of storage on your iOS device is fixed when you buy the device and cannot be increased, period. You will still have to delete or move files from your iOS device to free up space. One way you can do that is to move all of your photos, music, and movies to iCloud so they are no longer on your phone or tablet. But be aware if you don’t have a WiFi or Cellular connection you can’t access your files on iCloud. Also be aware that when you play music, look at photos, or watch a movie you will be using your cellular data plan or your internet connection data plan.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.