You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I erased my data by mistake

My wife phone was lost, and while looking for it through find my iPhone, I erased my phone, can you please help restore my data ? My phone was not backed up.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 7:00 PM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2021 8:43 PM in response to sult16

sult16 Said:

"I erased my data by mistake: My wife phone was lost, and while looking for it through find my iPhone, I erased my phone, can you please help restore my data ? My phone was not backed up."

-------

Recovering the Data:

• Try iCloud.com Directly:

iCloud.com had its own services. So, using a Web browser on your computer or other device, go to https://www.icloud.com for your items. As an example, if you want to recover your Photos, you'd go to https://www.icloud.com/photos, and see it your photos reside in there.

• External Storage:

It might not be officially a backup, but see if you items reside in an external storage device (i.e. USB Flash Drive) Also, look to see if it resides in any other cloud storage, such as they of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

Recovering the iPhone:

I. Start Here:

II. Getting this Back:

• Backtrack your Locations: If at a coffee shop, stop in, and ask it if was placed aside.
  • Check with Local Authorities: Perhaps it was found and was turned in.
  • Ask Others: Check with Other you know (i.e. friends, family members, co-workers, peers, and neighbors)

III. Looking Elsewhere:

Based on Prior Experience: Look under the pillow or on the desk, or under the seat of your car. It might be sitting there. I thought I lost mine, but, low and behold: There it was in the palm of my hand, interestingly enough.

I erased my data by mistake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.