You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sign into my iCloud email from an Android phone?

Can I sign into my iCloud email with my Android phone?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 4:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 8:05 AM

As per this article What is iCloud Mail? - Apple Support

With your iCloud Mail account, you can sendreceive, and organize email. When you set up your devices for iCloud Mail, you can also access your iCloud Mail account using the Mail app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac computer, or using Microsoft Outlook on a Windows computer. No matter which device you use, the changes are updated everywhere.

There is no option to set up Apple ID account ( the android phone can't be signed in with Apple ID and password ) .

See the article Set up iCloud Mail on your devices - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2021 8:05 AM in response to Fishinguy1313

As per this article What is iCloud Mail? - Apple Support

With your iCloud Mail account, you can sendreceive, and organize email. When you set up your devices for iCloud Mail, you can also access your iCloud Mail account using the Mail app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac computer, or using Microsoft Outlook on a Windows computer. No matter which device you use, the changes are updated everywhere.

There is no option to set up Apple ID account ( the android phone can't be signed in with Apple ID and password ) .

See the article Set up iCloud Mail on your devices - Apple Support

Apr 21, 2021 7:38 PM in response to tygb

When you set up your devices for iCloud Mail, you can also access your iCloud Mail account using the Mail app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac computer, or using Microsoft Outlook on a Windows computer.

Yes, and that document talks about about doing this on Apple hardware and Windows. Fishingguy is asking about doing this on Android. However, that section in that document finishes with, "See the Apple Support article Mail server settings for iCloud email clients to set up other email apps." which is exactly the link I posted earlier.

Fishingguy, I posted two different solutions which should work for your question about setting up iCloud mail on an Android device. I seem to be the only one who saw you were asking about an Android device (mentioned twice in your original post).

May 5, 2021 3:21 AM in response to tygb

tygb's advice is exactly correct.

Follow the advice in the last article link and it works. I did it yesterday on a new Android phone, and I did it 3 years ago on my last Android phone. This article is also useful https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202304. You need to set up a one-time app specific password which will enable Apple Mail access from an Android phone, information in the article refers.

Apr 21, 2021 8:35 PM in response to Limnos

The article is saying about port settings , SSL , I had literally tried to sign in with an Apple ID and password on Samsung Phone which is an android device and unable to do so , only apple products iPhone / Mac / iPad and using Microsoft on window computers can be signed in .

And what is iCloud mail is explained in the article , sign in with same Apple ID and password on the same network in iPad / Mac / iPhone they sync , the applications box of mails must be turned as on .

Can I sign into my iCloud email from an Android phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.