You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop facebook messenger from popping up?

How do I stop Facebook Messenger from popping up when I open my MacBook. New user of this apple product.

And I like to use Grammarly and I am unable to add it to my toolbar. How do I do that?.

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:39 AM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2021 8:40 AM in response to Peacepd

Hello Peacepd,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about how to adjust some settings on your Mac for Facebook and Grammarly, we're happy to help by looking into this more! 

In order to keep Facebook Messenger from popping up, here's a resource that can help:

Open items automatically when you log in on Mac

Specifically, check out the section labeled "Add or remove automatic items" then the subsection labeled "Hide a login item: "

With regard to Grammarly, there appears to be several versions of the software. One version only installs in Safari, while their other version is their desktop version. You may need to install the desktop version ignorer to have Grammarly reside in the menu bar of your Mac. You can see more about this here:

Grammarly Desktop Apps | Grammarly

If you still have questions about how to install the app and which version is best for your application, reach out to Grammarly for more information.

Contact Us | Grammarly

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

How do I stop facebook messenger from popping up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.