You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages and PDF on my IMac not printing

I have a MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6. I can print pages from the internet and screenshots but recently I have been unable to print new docs or Pdfs created with Pages or Libre Office. The printer is accepting the command, the paper is collected but no text or images are printed. I uninstalled and re-installed the printer software several times with no success. I have now uninstalled the " Libre Office" software and my saved documents are being opened with either " Pages " or " TextEdit" but will not print. In Applications I have a iWorks "09 folder with Pages version 4.3 1048. Also, in Applications I have another version of Pages 5.6.2 (2573) which has been incompatible for updates for a while. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing my printing problem? Thanks for any ideas

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 8:10 AM

Pages v5.6.2 was intended, and the last Pages version for OS X El Capitan (10.11.6). Attempting to use Pages v5.6.2 on High Sierra which requires Pages v7.3 - v8.1 may at least be your current problem. Pages '09 v4.3 cannot open any Pages v5 - v11 documents as they are in a different document format.

Launch the Mac App Store. Press the option key while clicking Purchases. This should provide you with a Pages update/install button. It will initially tell you that you need macOS Catalina or Big Sur to install Pages v11, and may offer to upgrade your Pages v5.6.2 version to v8.1. Do that if offered, otherwise, there is no means to get a compatible version of Pages for High Sierra, and you may need to resort to using Pages for iCloud instead.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2021 8:10 AM in response to Twinkie-54

Pages v5.6.2 was intended, and the last Pages version for OS X El Capitan (10.11.6). Attempting to use Pages v5.6.2 on High Sierra which requires Pages v7.3 - v8.1 may at least be your current problem. Pages '09 v4.3 cannot open any Pages v5 - v11 documents as they are in a different document format.

Launch the Mac App Store. Press the option key while clicking Purchases. This should provide you with a Pages update/install button. It will initially tell you that you need macOS Catalina or Big Sur to install Pages v11, and may offer to upgrade your Pages v5.6.2 version to v8.1. Do that if offered, otherwise, there is no means to get a compatible version of Pages for High Sierra, and you may need to resort to using Pages for iCloud instead.

Apr 20, 2021 12:14 PM in response to Twinkie-54

Well, multiple applications not printing is not the application's fault and indicates either an incompatible printer driver or one that has not been re-added following the driver installation.

Ensure that you visit the printer vendor's (only) site, and see if there are drivers especially for macOS High Sierra. If they are newer than what you have, then download and install them. Then, in the System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel, right-click on your printer icon and choose Reset printing system. Re-add the correct drivers for. your printer, and then test application printing again.

You might want to consider LibreOffice v7.1.2 which is current as of today.

Pages and PDF on my IMac not printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.