You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask Siri to play your music from your own library through the HomePod Mini

I purchased a Homepod Mini and want to play music from my Itunes. Every time I ask Siri to play ANYTHING on the Homepod it only plays from Pandora, NEVER anything from my Library. Pandora is set as the default player but even if I change it to Apple Music then Siri just tells me I don't have an Apple Music subscription.

Is it possible to play music from my own library on my Homepod without buying an Apple Music subscription?

The Homepod is the restroom and I want to play music while I am in the shower, so I cannot bring my iPhone into the shower and use Airplay.

I cannot find any answers on Apple support pages so I came here. Thanks in advance for any help/solutions anyone can offer.

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 12:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 2:16 AM

Siri on HomePod is able to play from your unhidden music purchases, your iCloud Music Library if you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes, or supported services such as Pandora. If you want access to your own media collection without a subscription you are limited to AirPlay.

tt2

3 replies

Apr 22, 2021 4:56 AM in response to turingtest2

Wow, I purchased the Homepod mini to play my music while I'm in the shower. I feel as if I have to BUY the device AND pay to use it. That just doesn't seem fair. I wish you knew these things prior to purchase. Apple would be kind to say "Apple Music Subscription required to use Siri with your Itunes library" sort of thing. I doubt I would have purchased the Homepod Mini because it cannot do what I need without paying a monthly subscription.

Thank You for the answer any way!

Cheers!

Ask Siri to play your music from your own library through the HomePod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.