You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I turn off two factor verification?

I need to turn off the two-factor verification on my Apple ID. Every time I try to sign in to download an update, it asks for the verification code displayed on my trusted devices. But my MacBook Pro is the only Apple device I own, so there's nowhere to see the verification code. How do I shut off two-step??

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 4:55 PM

If two-factor authentication has been enabled for more than two weeks, or if your Apple ID is new and enabled two-factor by default, you cannot.

If you only recently enabled two-factor, look in the message received when two-factor was enabled.

Two factor authentication codes can be sent to a trusted telephone number, either as an SMS or as a call.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2021 4:55 PM in response to guptillc

If two-factor authentication has been enabled for more than two weeks, or if your Apple ID is new and enabled two-factor by default, you cannot.

If you only recently enabled two-factor, look in the message received when two-factor was enabled.

Two factor authentication codes can be sent to a trusted telephone number, either as an SMS or as a call.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

how do I turn off two factor verification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.