You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost an important document in Pages last night. No sign of it having been typed or saved. Can it be recovered?

How do I recover a document I did in Pages that appears to have not been saved and doesn't show up in time machine

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 9:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 10:56 AM

Pages does not autosave documents when they are not initially and manually saved once with a proper document name. The document wouldn't show up in Time Machine if it had never been saved. Once you quit Pages without saving a document, the temporary content is removed.

Under the terms of the first paragraph, you have nothing to recover.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2021 10:56 AM in response to FB1951baf

Pages does not autosave documents when they are not initially and manually saved once with a proper document name. The document wouldn't show up in Time Machine if it had never been saved. Once you quit Pages without saving a document, the temporary content is removed.

Under the terms of the first paragraph, you have nothing to recover.

I lost an important document in Pages last night. No sign of it having been typed or saved. Can it be recovered?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.