You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find out how old my computer is

How can I find out how old my computer is?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 9:30 AM

5 replies

Apr 23, 2021 9:35 AM in response to hnkrmmr

Why do you want to know how old it is. It is more important to know what its model and model year is. That is what determines which operating system(s) can be installed. And in some instances, the OS you have installed determines what apps may be installed or upgraded. In case you do not know, the information about your computer can be seen in the window that opens when you click on About This Computer under the Apple icon.

Apr 23, 2021 11:52 AM in response to hnkrmmr

hnkrmmr wrote:

My computer is 0S X ElCapitan. version 10.11.6 . Where is all my private information stored?

What private information? Your files and documents should be stored in your Profile folder, unless you manually store them elsewhere. In Finder go to Your Mac/Macintosh/Users/Your Name.

Beyond that, what exactly are you trying to determine or accomplish?

How can I find out how old my computer is

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.