You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't mouse click wake-up my iMac?

For many years now, clicking on my mouse, whether it's an Apple one or not (this one is), it wakes up my iMac from sleep. However, it now suddenly won't, yet a non-Apple mouse will, what's going on? Wouldn't any mouse do so, especially a "Magic Mouse 2"?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 12:24 PM

4 replies

Apr 26, 2021 1:59 PM in response to Jake378

Hey Jake, I think you misunderstood my intent. I don't want any of those other devices waking up my iMac... I've had some bluetooth ear buds, even when back in their case, stay connected, or re-connect, hijacking my sound output, which as you can imagine, is pretty frustrating! Sometimes I feel like throwing all my devices out the window... but then again, there's so much that they do which is great, so I don't... Although, if we could only save the internet, and maybe cell phones with basic functions (call, text, GPS), I could live quite happily ever after. I have an overflowing folder with only manuals & user guides, with more added all the time, and that's the part I hate, the constant re-learning how to do things we've been doing just fine, for even decades, every time we get a new phone, computer, OS, etc, etc... So, no, I don't want anything else waking up my Mac, it does it on its own way too often as it is. ;-)

Apr 26, 2021 10:43 AM in response to Saxman

As far as Apple says is that, You would need to wake your Mac with a wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad. Although they say that, you could try with your headphones if they have some sort of button on them and you can toggle on that setting for them and see if It works. As far as your apple iPhone it wouldn't be possible, unfortunately. Although they could add that feature in the control center in iOS 14.8 or iOS 15 in the near future.

Why won't mouse click wake-up my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.