You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to type phone number to send photo

I can't seem to send a photo anymore with a one time phone number I don't want to add to my contacts? I used to be able to do this before the latest update on my iphone 6s plus.

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 11:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 11:51 AM

When I go to photos and touch one that I want to send, instead of a blank line at the top where I can start to type in a number, now there's a thumbnail of the photo saying "1 photo selected Location included Options". Where do I type in a phone number?

5 replies

Apr 25, 2021 4:30 PM in response to CraftyCanuck

Hey there CraftyCanuck,

Thanks for the follow-up info. From that screen, underneath the photos should be options of how to share. You should be seeing AirDrop, Mail, etc., and one of those options is Messages. Tap on that, and the next screen should read "New Message". This gives you the option to either type in the phone number or name of the contact you want to send the photo to. Just type in the telephone number, and send like you would normally. We hope this helps you.

Best regards!

Apr 25, 2021 10:12 AM in response to CraftyCanuck

Hello CraftyCanuck,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue you're having sending photos to numbers not saved to your contacts. What happens when you try to attach and/or send the photo to this phone number? Are you getting any sort of error message, and if so what are you seeing? Let us know, and we can work from there.

Have a great day!

how to type phone number to send photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.