You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather Widget keeps defaulting to Cupertino. Solution?

Is there any way to stop my iPad (OS 14.4.2) from constantly resetting the weather widget to Cupertino? It does it every few days. I've seen some suggestions that I use 'My Location' instead of typing in my town. The problem with that is that even though my iPad is correctly detecting my spot on the planet, it provides the weather for the next town over from where I live, and despite being only a few miles away, the weather (including outside air temperature) can be radically different there.

I really enjoy having a fast way to check outside temperature and weather, but as it stands, the weather widget is completely useless to me. Invariably, I get the weather somewhere else (usually Cupertino). Is there any way to get this to stop altering my setting?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 5:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 12:12 PM

I have never had any issues with the Weather widget changing its location once I have set it.

When you edit the widget, under the 1st location setting, have you just tried typing in your mail area code instead?

4 replies

Weather Widget keeps defaulting to Cupertino. Solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.