You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is saying I have a security update but there is nothing there?

I am getting a security update and the “install Now” is not highlighted so therefore I can’t do the update. Why?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 2:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 4:09 PM

Ensure that your iPad is…

a) connected to a WiFi network (the update cannot be performed over a Cellular network), and

b) is either connected to its Power Adapter - or the battery is charged to over 50% (for safety and reliability of the update process, both connection to the Power Adapter and a fully charged battery are recommended).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 26, 2021 4:09 PM in response to N5012

Ensure that your iPad is…

a) connected to a WiFi network (the update cannot be performed over a Cellular network), and

b) is either connected to its Power Adapter - or the battery is charged to over 50% (for safety and reliability of the update process, both connection to the Power Adapter and a fully charged battery are recommended).

My ipad is saying I have a security update but there is nothing there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.