You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone call with Apple Watch

Dear support,

I recently moved form Android phone to iPhone SE 2020.

I have a question about Apple Watch I plan to purchase.

Is it possible to have a phone call with my Apple Watch without having my iPhone near me, or without having wi-fi connection? (To be clear I plan to take my watch, go to countryside and left my iPhone home. I would like to make calls and have internet connection.)

I plan to buy Apple Watch SE, My Operator is Orange and I am a user from Slovakia (Central Europe)

Although I tried a lot, I haven't find any clear answer, like yes or no, that's why I'm writing to you.

Thank you for your response.

Marek

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 3:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 3:42 AM

To do what you ask you will need the cellular version of the watch SE and your network operator must support the cellular watch,here is a list of supported carriers;

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Slovakia does NOT appear to be on that list.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2021 3:42 AM in response to MarekMa

To do what you ask you will need the cellular version of the watch SE and your network operator must support the cellular watch,here is a list of supported carriers;

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Slovakia does NOT appear to be on that list.

Phone call with Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.