You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I connect the LG UltraFine 5K Display o my MacBook Pro, can I close the laptop and use my external keyboard and track pad using hw monitor as my only screen?

When I connect the LG UltraFine 5K Display o my MacBook Pro, can I close the laptop and use my external keyboard and track pad using hw monitor as my only screen?

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 10:47 AM

Connect the Power adapter, external keyboard and external pointing device (all are required) then follow the procedures in this article religiously. There are no exceptions -- any deviation will cause the MacBook Pro with closed cover to sleep, as designed.

Use your Mac notebook computer in closed-display mode with an external display - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2021 10:47 AM in response to 68Time-to-go

Connect the Power adapter, external keyboard and external pointing device (all are required) then follow the procedures in this article religiously. There are no exceptions -- any deviation will cause the MacBook Pro with closed cover to sleep, as designed.

Use your Mac notebook computer in closed-display mode with an external display - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.