You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV sound

Set up my apple tv no problem but when I change the input to the HDMI cable that the applet tv is on I cannot get any sound at all. I have surround sound set up via my Xfinity cable but now that I have added an apple 4K tv set I cannot get any sound at all when using my apple tv. I have made sure I am on the correct HDMI input but still no sound. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 9:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 9:38 AM

1st step is to go to your TV's settings and see if it will play sound Via the TV Speakers if It can do that then its an issue with your surround system or HDMI Cable, Your next step is to switch the HDMI cable with a different one and finally if it still won't work then I would try to rewire the Sound system and see if that works. I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2021 9:38 AM in response to carmenohio

1st step is to go to your TV's settings and see if it will play sound Via the TV Speakers if It can do that then its an issue with your surround system or HDMI Cable, Your next step is to switch the HDMI cable with a different one and finally if it still won't work then I would try to rewire the Sound system and see if that works. I hope this helps!

Apple TV sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.