You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I see my messages in icloud

I'm trying to confirm that my messages are backed up on icloud including their attachments (photos, videos etc.) but I can't see messages when I go to my icloud acct. Where do I look to confirm messages are being stored on icloud and how can I access them?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 9:42 AM

jubilee21 wrote:

I'm trying to confirm that my messages are backed up on icloud including their attachments (photos, videos etc.) but I can't see messages when I go to my icloud acct. Where do I look to confirm messages are being stored on icloud and how can I access them?

You don't. All that you mention is part of the icloud backup as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support and it can't be viewed by going to icloud.com.

If you're wanting to be able to view on icloud you need to do this Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support please read carefully how this works and this is not part of the icloud backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 30, 2021 9:42 AM in response to jubilee21

jubilee21 wrote:

You don't. All that you mention is part of the icloud backup as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support and it can't be viewed by going to icloud.com.

If you're wanting to be able to view on icloud you need to do this Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support please read carefully how this works and this is not part of the icloud backup.

how do I see my messages in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.