You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password Listing

Is there a way I can print all my passwords? I know I can view each one and then take a pencil and write down the P/W but that is very time consuming. Even if I could print each one individually that would be easier than writing each one. All comments and/or suggestions are appreciated.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 1, 2021 5:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 7:43 AM

jmsfmtex wrote:

Is there a way I can print all my passwords? I know I can view each one and then take a pencil and write down the P/W but that is very time consuming. Even if I could print each one individually that would be easier than writing each one. All comments and/or suggestions are appreciated.

If I were you and I am not - Open your favourite word processor Application and Copy each Password from Keychain into the Document. Yes, time consuming but easier than writing down each. Save the document and then print.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2021 7:43 AM in response to jmsfmtex

jmsfmtex wrote:

If I were you and I am not - Open your favourite word processor Application and Copy each Password from Keychain into the Document. Yes, time consuming but easier than writing down each. Save the document and then print.

May 1, 2021 10:26 AM in response to jmsfmtex

P.Phillips offered good advice. Then, you can update the file every time you change or add a password and print out a copy for quick reference when needed. I've used this method for years and it takes very little time once the document is created. (I happen to use Excel for my document, though.) One final thought. Since passwords are so very critical, I made my document password protected itself. No one else can open it.

Password Listing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.