You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download photos easily from iphone to PC?

I used to be able to connect my iphone via USB to my PC, and just ... copy/paste photos to the PC. I can't do that any more. Why is it so hard? What's the easy way?

Posted on May 1, 2021 6:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 6:34 AM

You can download iCloud Photos for Windows. Then sync your photos from your iPhone automatically with your PC without the need for a USB cable. I would say that is the easy way.

More info and download link here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/guide/icloud-windows/icw2ed20ffd1/icloud

6 replies

May 2, 2021 8:10 AM in response to Community User

Except I don't want ALL photos in one enormous zip file in one directory, and I can't imageine how many days that would take anyway. I can download photos one-at-a-time to where I want them. But if I select two photos, they download zipped, and the download requires anywhere from 15 minutes to I-gave-up-after-2-hours, and I can't unzip them anway.

I don't want all my iCloud photos on my PC. I want to download the ones I want. It used to be easy.

May 5, 2021 12:49 PM in response to jerrold43smith

I know that you have been able to connect your iPhone with USB to a Windows computer, and in File Explorer open the DCIM folder to see and transfer pictures. But since I do not use a PC anymore, I should not be able to say if the function has been removed?

May 8, 2021 8:25 AM in response to Community User

HIstory: When I could no longer download direct from phone to PC, I signed in to iCloud viia browser on my PC. That's when I discvoered I'd have to do it one. Picture. At. A. Time. I laboriously downloaded a bunch of pictures one-at-a-time. Then deleted them from iCloud, one-at-a-time. My iCloud storage is now down to about 45% filled. But my iphone still won't sync to iCloud because it says my iCloud storage is full. iPad syncs, iPhone doesn't. I've done a hard restart, no joy. I am stone tired of this sh**. All I want to do is archive some old photos and lighten my iCloud storage.

How to download photos easily from iphone to PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.